Powered By Blogger

Black Hawk Homes!

This bird got away from me just as I was about to snap a picture of him perched on top of our main sign outside our store. I settled for this shot of him on our neighbor's roof...

Saturday, March 22, 2008

A can of worms

Every time I use the term 'mobile home' I could be opening up a can of worms. Many people in our business don't want us to continue using it because........ well I don't know why..? All right, I guess I do- they want to change the image. As a matter of fact, we're supposed to depart from 'manufactured homes' in favor of factory built or factory constructed homes. Here's the problem. Just changing what you call 'em, doesn't change the perception thats out there about mobile homes. You can call them the Sistine Chapel if you want, its not going to REALLY change a thing until the homes themselves significantly change. Don't get me wrong, the industry has advanced a great deal over the past 20 years. I just think we need to advance a lot more right now! Fear not a bad economy or down market! I'll call them mobile homes or whatever I feel like calling them- lets advance the actual homes and then we can start to sway public opinion.

No comments: