Powered By Blogger

Black Hawk Homes!

This bird got away from me just as I was about to snap a picture of him perched on top of our main sign outside our store. I settled for this shot of him on our neighbor's roof...

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Flip the bird

When Black Hawk first started out, we flipped homes. In the beginning, it was my dad and Julio. Two guys, a truck, iced tea, and Denny's. They went into the parks bought, re-modeled, and sold mobile homes. There was no office, so deals were signed at the local Denny's. (That always cracks me up!) Sometimes my dad had to carry the note- a necessary evil when doing this sort of thing. When I came along about a year later, things started to go! My deal was listing and selling the mobile homes. This is something I actually still do today- all be it an after thought any more. There's good money to be made doing this sort of thing. I notice there's a lot of 'independent dealers' out there who fix/flip mobile homes. There's a lot of licensed (and unlicensed) dealers who list and sell mobile homes. We noticed quickly- watch out for people in this business! Lots of shady characters...

No comments: